Register for Free School Meals and raise money for our school.
Registering for free meals, if your child is in years 7-11, will bring additional funding for our school, to provide valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. This is on top of the £2.20 per day allocated for your child’s meal.
Furthermore, the Department for Education has now awarded a contract to Magic Breakfast to set up breakfast clubs in schools where over 35% of pupils are eligible for free school meals and there is no existing breakfast provision. If we can get to 35%, we too will be able to access this funding to set up our own Breakfast Club!
It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals, so that our school receives as much funding as possible.
Please, call this number to find out if you qualify for Free School Meals:
0345 155 1019
Its quick and easy, all you need to do is give the operator:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
They will be able to tell you there and then whether you qualify, before taking further basic details to support your application. Devon County Council will contact us and we will make sure your child is allocated £2.20 per day.
Call today……… (Entitlement to free school meals will NOT affect any other benefits)
If you would prefer to check online to see if your child qualifies for free school meals and find out how to apply, click here.
lease feel free to call the Academy if you would like further Information or assistance on 01271 863427.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.